YIELD: serves 6
ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME:1 hour
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
For the cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 390oF.
- Place parchment paper in a baking sheet.
- Put the butter and water in a saucepan and heat until butter is melted. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the flour. Mix with a spoon until everything is combined.
- Let it cool for ten minutes.
- Add the eggs and beat until it becomes smooth.
- Use a spoon and place golf-ball-sized dollops of the dough on the sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and cut the small profiteroles in half.
- Make the cream. Using an electric mixer, mix the heavy cream and vanilla. Use a spoon to spoon the cream into the buns.
- Make the sauce. Place the chocolate, butter, and honey into a bowl, over a saucepan of simmering water and gently melt the contents. Stir well until everything is combined.
- Spoon the sauce over the profiteroles. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve and enjoy.