ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 fresh or frozen octopus about 2 pounds (or octopus pieces)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pound macaroni
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 can of coke
- Place the octopus in a large pot and heat, add the coke and some water to cover the octopus. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes. The octopus will shrink and curl.
- Remove the octopus from the pot. Save the octopus water. Cut it into small pieces and set aside.
- In another pot, sauté the onion until translucent, add the octopus pieces and continue sautéing for a few more minutes. Add the marinara sauce and about 1 1/2 cup water/ or the octopus water.
- Add the spices, the sugar, and the bay leaves.
- Cover and let it simmer for about 30-40 minutes.
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and put it in the pot with the octopus mixture. Stir until everything is combined.